Tuesday, October 6, 2009

#12 (Week 5) - Rollyo Fun for Everyone (?)

Well, maybe not. I like the idea of the Rollyo website. It seems like a fairly easy way in which to collect a bunch of useful URLs and keep them in order, rather than trying to remember them or writing them down in a notebook somewhere and then forgetting where you put the list. I even noticed that some celebrities had put together searchrolls for us common folk to view. However, I have to be honest and say that my overall experience with Rollyo has been less than stellar. I'm not exactly sure what is going on with the site, but saving changes to my searchroll hasn't really been possible because the website has been ssslllooowww. I mean really, really ssslllooowww - as in not useable. I just noticed through my school email that I am not the only one who has been frustrated by the technical difficulties. Anyway, I was able to create an account and add a few websites to my searchroll, but when I attempted to add more websites at later times I was thwarted at every turn. I do want to edit my searchroll - not just for class, but for my own personal use - but I guess I'm going to have to wait until the technical problems are sorted out and I'm not booted off the website every time I try to save my changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment